The prison was located in what was was once part of Woolloongabba and is now known as the suburb of Dutton Park. This area was surveyed during the 1860s and became the site of numerous government reserves, including of course one for the prison itself.
- Why 'Boggo'?
- The Woolloongabba Reserves
- The South Brisbane Cemetery
- Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery (website)
- You Reeker, Eureka! Getting Rid of Brisbane's Poo
- Absolute Fairyland: Heady Days in Dutton Park (book)
- Brisbane Beginnings: Fairfield (book)
- Brisbane Beginnings: Dutton Park (book)
- The One and Only Boggo Road: The unique history of a suburban street (book)
- In the Beginning: Early years of South Brisbane Cemetery (book)